Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Welcome!!!

In addition to my website at azsulcata.com I thought it'd be beneficial to blog about our daily tortoise news so people know what happens in the daily world of a tortoises breeder. This is just meant to be information based full of tortoises stories, successes, failures, and things I learn on a daily basis to help out the average tortoise owner! I'll start off with a small example of today's events:

Lately the biggest obstacle of what I like to call, "Tortoise Farming" here in Arizona has been the scorching heat! It seems like every hour I'm constantly spraying tortoises down and filling up water bowls, it's relentless. Today however was a welcome change to that routine. We received some much needed rain and it's been in the mid 70's all day, beautiful tortoise weather. Interestingly enough my Sulcatas didn't even come out to enjoy it, they all stayed in their hides. Getting used to the 40 degree temperature swing I suppose? My Testudos (Greeks and Russians) seemed to thoroughly enjoy the change as they were out grazing from dusk till dawn. No need to spray down today! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment